Spring Outdoor Softball - Division 3
- Ages 6, 7. (Some age allowances are made—check with the co-ordinator)
- No experience necessary.
- Teams will play on Monday and Wednesday evenings starting at 6:30 pm and play for 1 hour.
- Rained out games may be rescheduled for Friday evenings or Sunday afternoons at the discretion of the Co-ordinator.
- Games are played at:
Diamond 7: Deshay School #6
Diamond 8: Deshay School #9
- Uniforms consist of a numbered t-shirt and a ball cap—which the players keep. Players must supply their own ball glove. For sanitary reasons, players are encouraged to supply their own helmets and have them clearly labeled with their name. Players must wear helmets while running the bases. The league will supply a limited number of helmets—players must wear your ball cap under the league helmets.
- Division 3—Softball is a continuation of T-Ball except more of the typical softball rules apply. This division is looking for players who want more challenge than T-Ball can offer. Players do not hit the ball off the T. Instead, parents/coaches pitch to the players.
- Batters are allowed 7 pitches from the coach/parent. After 7 pitches, the batter gets a walk to 1st base. Batter is encouraged to try and hit one of the pitches.
- A team’s turn at bat is completed when the team has 3 outs, or, the team has batted through the line-up once.
- No stealing bases.
- No infield fly rule.
- No leading off base.
- One base only on an overthrow.
- Pitcher is a coach/parent. Player pitcher makes the fielding plays, and stands beside the parent pitcher. The player pitcher must wear the pitching mask.
- Catcher is a player and must wear the catcher’s gear. A parent will stand with the catcher to assist.
- Umpire—not necessary, but if a parent wants to ump a game, that’s great.
- Batting order is rotated every game so that each player takes turns batting first, last and in between.
- Players have an opportunity to play each fielding position during the season.
- Coaching Staff and Players need to arrive 10 minutes early so the game can start on time.
- Coaches are volunteers. Coaches are provided with a batting order roster and fielding position for each game.
- Check the Daily Game Status Button found on the Outdoor T-Ball and SoftBall Home Page to find out if the games are cancelled. The Game Status is updated after 4:30 pm on weekdays and after 9:00am on weekends. Rule of thumb for canceling games—if there is a weather warning, or, if it has rained during the day to the extent that the fields will be extremely wet, then the games will be cancelled. Games are not cancelled because of temperature or wind.
- Late T-Ball Player registrations will be taken, but we cannot guarantee a spot on a specific team. Uniforms will not be purchased until payment in full is received. Remember, there are a maximum of 11 players per team, so please register early if you would like to be placed on a particular team.
- Check the Picture Link for time and place for uniform pickup and picture.
Email the Co-ordinator--Natalie Arendt firstname.lastname@example.org